Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mid Winter Xmas

Table centre pieces. I made about 100 of these little snow families.

The Entrance into the the main church sanctuary or as in this night the dining area. I had about 50 Xmas trees.

Just love the snow effect


The window features what the guest saw as the arrived at the door
Another view of the front window.

The stag in the trees.

The doe amongst the trees.

So every year our church has a Mid Winter Xmas dinner, the church sanctuary gets turned into a restaurant, and we have a chief come in a cater for it. This year I was asked to take on the ma mammoth task of decorating and setting the scene for the evening and this is what I produced. The theme was Winter Wonderland, I made about 100 little snowmen, 100 small snowflakes, 30 large snowflakes, 100 mini Christmas trees, 2 super sized snowmen, 2 medium snowmen and 3 little ones, placed throughout the trees, 2 stags and 3 does. It took 4 weeks of painting and creating constantly to make everything, and about 2 days to set it all up.
This was the finished result which I was very happy with and everyone was very shocked I had produced all this. No one at church had any idea of my hidden talent, other that the 1 person that asked for my help. It was a great night, now my Garage is full with mini snowmen and xmas attire.

No comments: